I just ran my ipod through the wash.

I am so bummed. it's not turning on, is there anything i can do to save it?

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 1:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Technology

• I don't think they can be saved, my ex ran DD's through the washer and it was dead. I'm sorry, that really sucks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Might try letting it sit out in the sun and dry out. I really don't know if that does the trick...but I also don't have an ipod so no experience to pass to ya.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nope. If it makes you feel any better though, I did the samething a few years ago. lol
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I saved a phone once by taking it apart and letting it dry out...try that...sorry, that's most unfortunate!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You might want to call the apple store on this one. Or try laying it down so it can leak out the water and set it next to a fan and let dry like that for now GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nope.. Sorry :(
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Go to the store and buy a bag of Dri-z-air, place it in a gallon zip-loc bag. Don't unseal the Dri-z-air though, leave in original pouch. This will absorb all the moisture from your ipod. It worked on my sons zune and cell phone. Worth the try. GL let me know if this works for you.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I did the same thing. I hear if you dry it out, it might work again. I didn't know that at the time...but I did find later it would play music, however I had no control over anything (couldn't switch songs or control the volume). I was so upset. I want another one...eventually I hope.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I just did the same thing with my phone the other day! Its a lost cause.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 2:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• can u take it apart to let things dry out? idk i dont have one ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011