What have you done as a mom that you never thought you'd do?

I couldn't stand pink...swore up and down I WOULD NOT put my girls in pink. Well, I was wrong...ate my words. They look really cute in pink.

I told myself I wouldn't let my kids sleep in my bed. When I breastfed my boys...the easiest position was having them lay beside me while they fed. (My parenting choice).

I also told myself I would own more grown up movies so I could keep my sanity. I checked my video closet the other day...seems Disney, Pixar, and a few others are taking over. -Sigh-

How about you? Is there something you never thought you'd do as a mom?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 1:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• singing in the store or any where we go Barneys song lol..

tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I actually just did this last month. Fund raiser for choir, stood outside of Walmart and sang christmas carols for about 2 hours with the kids. There where 4 kids and me. lol. I think people gave us donations for me to get singing lessons..haha
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• said my son could never watch wrestling. he has seen it a few times. still hate it tho
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 1:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I never thought that I would lick pureed plums off DD's cheek because I had run out of napkins.... or be the chick dragging a screaming toddler out of the store because she was throwing a fit.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 1:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I too had also said that I would not dress my DD in pink, but most of her clothes in the closet are pink and I love the color on her.
    kvanness0824

Answer by kvanness0824 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I hated Barney and swore he wouln't be subjected to that gay stuff lol but he caught an episode of it (not thanks to his dad) and now I guess it's okay because he likes it and of course it's cute and irrisistable when your child likes something lol
    ohgoshism

Answer by ohgoshism at 2:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Used my hand as a catcher's mit to catch puke. That's the best one I can think of right off the top of my head.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Never thought I would ever say things like my mom did that I hated like " because i said so cause I am mom". I catch myself saying and have to change what i said cause it bugs me when I hear myself say but it just comes out of my mouth sometimes.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 2:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I didn't think I would ever get to be a mom because some misinformed dr's told me I wouldn't. I have 2.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No pacifier, no bottle in the bed, no sleeping in our bed.....never say never, kids will make a liar out of you.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011