Someone please help me out! Advice is greatly appreciated.Need advice really bad.....

I have been commuting with my husband and son to my mom's house where I am caregiving for them.Hubby drops me off and leavesafter a few hours.. Mom had a stroke and my dad has other health issues.This is the third time I would be going down and when my husband found out one of my other brothers that lives closer to us was going down he wanted me to go with them. My snobby sil told my mom to tell me to go later that weekend because she would be staying there. Room is tight so my husband expected me to sleep over another family member's house for a day or two until they left. I was so floored. I told him that my brother wanted to know his schedule so he could also sleep over and help out. Now you want him to pick me up ? I told him I felt like a burden and he could not do that because it looked really bad. I called my mom to let her know and he got upset because he could hear metelling her. Well tough I am so hurt and do not know how much longer I can do this....What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• How far away do they live honey? I know exactly how you feel, I was my Mother's primary caregiver, my sister helped out at night and then worked in Mom's office during the day. My one brother couldn't be bothered to come and see her. And my other brother came up to see her almost every day, but he couldn't ever stay to take care of her. If your brother wants to go down there for a few days, let that bitch he's married to help care for your mother! She's going to come home with a lot more respect for you, i guarantee it! Then you can go down when they leave. Ignore the bitch, she's not worth the rug you wipe your shoes on! Don't let this crap come between you and hubby, you are going to need his support and love honey.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This is how your family members HELP other sickly (and older) family members? Sheesh, I'd just tell them all to stay away so they are not burdened and you can go help as much as needed. Why not let the people who actually care and want to help do so?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• MamaAlice this is the first time she is going to help out at night. You are right she is a bi*tch. She told my other sil she is not my mom, its not my responsibility. What a bi*ch.That got back to my mom and my mom told her she does not need her or her son. SO she got guilty and called and told her not to make me go because the emperor and her highness were going.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011