Advice for a single mom

Hi all.
I'm not sure if I am pregnant I'm waiting until about mid feb. to take the test. I know my friends and family really well and their reactions will be less than ecstatic. Not to have a pity party for myself, but my friends will no longer talk to me and my family will kick me out.
I'm a full time student with no work experience so this is definitely going to be difficult for me.
So first thing first, how do I go about telling friends/family.
Then, are there any aids out there that will help a single mother as far as getting a job?

klaurean

Asked by klaurean at 2:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think you should take it one step at a time. Wait until you take the pregnancy test and if its positive, go from there. No need to get yourself all worked up if you dont know for sure yet. AND if its positive, you will be ok, dont project what might happen when you dont know for sure yet. If you are indeed pregnant that is a good rule to have from the get go, it isnt good for baby and it isnt good for you. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• hugsYour thinking about allot for someone who is not sure they are prego or not, take it one step at a time although friends & family may not be overly excited they will still love and care about you if not they were not worth having around anyway. You stay strong your are not the first or the last who will have to go through this & there are allot of resources out there that help single mothers I wish you all the best & you are in my prayers!

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thanks so much.
    I do tend to over think things, so having people bring me back to earth is extremely helpful.
    klaurean

Comment by klaurean (original poster) at 6:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• my advice for you is even though im not a single mom. is best for you to always keep your head up high and remember you have a child to worry about and live for . always remember your child comes first than anything . trying to work things out with the baby's father would be good for both you and the baby but mostly the baby. if you dont want to be with the father then its ok just try to atleast have a parent relationship for the baby . is always good to get along and not argue in front of kids.

xxtatyxx

Answer by xxtatyxx at 1:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think I know where you are coming from. I was pregnant a few months ago. I was scared to tell my parents. Some how my mom found out I was having sex then made me go take a prego test so she could get me on birth control. The test was negative. A few days later I came home sick ( light headed, dizzy, and major headache) while I was sleeping she read my phone and seen where I had told my friends I had miscarried. She flipped to me to er and found out I was prego again she was in fear that since I didn't tell about the first baby there may have been issues. Well when the test came back my mom took me by the hand and said we will be ok we can do this together. I love you. Now the only reason I didn't want to tell my mom is because she is very hard on me and pushes school on me. I knew she was going to make me move out or abort. But now she is right there with me.
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 1:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011