When you are a guest in someones home don't you clean the space you are using?

My mil has been here almost 5 months! She took over our dd bathroom. I went in there yesterday and just about threw up! She has not cleaned that room one time since she has been here! I scrubbed it down and sanitized it for her before she arrived! I am so mad! It is disgusting!

I could never do this in someone else's home! I have been a guest in a friends home. Not only did I make sure I cleaned the spaces I used but I would do anything I was asked to do!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 2:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow that's disgusting and rude. it's just good manners to clean up after yourself. That's something you would think you would have to talk to a child about not an adult.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 2:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I always clean up after myself and if I'm staying long enough to actually use a room a lot, I'll clean it. I think it's just rude to stay with someone that long and use a room and not at least clean a little. Maybe if it was just for a couple of days, not cleaning would be ok, but staying for months and not cleaning? Eew.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Of course. Offer to help out also. Wow mil needs housecleaning tips....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• What the heck is wrong with MIL?! Geez I would probably put up a post-it on the bathroom mirror that read:"ALL guests must clean up after themselves or risk being fed in the barn with the rest of the livestock" LOL sorry, I'm a germaphobe!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Maybe talk to your husband and have him talk to her about it. Its rude.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 2:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I do..but I have manners and am considerate of others. I made the mistake of letting a "friend" (she isn't a friend of mine anymore, I cut things off with her awhile after this incident of which I'm speaking) come visit and she treated Our Home like a hotel..not to mention, left her bras and shiz out where my Son (who wasn't even two yet) could grab them and my Husband had to see them (which made Him very uncomfortable). She was so disrespectful and a total slob.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't go back in there, not even to clean. She might take a hint & clean it herself or she might leave!!!
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Is your dd still using that restroom? You might point out to her where you keep the cleaning supplies for the bathroom, and tell her you are leaving the cleaning of the restroom up to her since she's the one using it.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I always clean up after myself AND I help clean up after dinner parties too. I have had some of the best laughes with friends and family while over a sink full of dishes.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wish they had a sign for homes instead of for restaurants about washing your hands after using restroom and clean upafterwards too.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2011