Should I even bother with bringing my birth plan to the hospital if I'm not going natural?

Is it a waste of time?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 2:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never had one but i know a lot of ladies that do and just because you are not going natural doesn't change anything. Just know when you have a c-section they have procedures they have to bid by. So the birth plan may not go as you wish in all aspect's but some they can. Also try bring it to your doctors appt. and talk to your ob/gyn about your plan so you know what you can accept before and so does your doctor!

MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 2:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Bring it of course!
    You have preferences~~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would bring it anyways. A lot of birth plans include things about the baby like if you want to breastfeed, use a paci, circumcise, etc.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Bring it with you. If the nurses/doctors have any questions they can refer to the birth plan, so that you can go through your labor in peace.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I took mine with me, but they didn't even look at it, they just ask you the questions and you tell them the answers (at least that's how it was at my hospital). So i didn't even pull it out of my bag.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sure, bring it with you to discuss it...but I would suggest going in with an open mind. Especially if your birth plan is extremely detailed. Don't set yourself up for disappointment if you imagine your birth one way in your head and it happens differently due to certain situations, etc. I would say really stress the few things that are the most important to you and let the others go. That's just my suggestion though. :) Congrats!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011