What does this sound like to you?

I have an 11 almost 12 year old daughter. She is a great kid, whom I also home school. Well, through out her life, she has acted strangely at times. Ex: today she cracked open eggs over the sink and was sitting there playing with the slimy mess. Also, if she gets the slightest cut she goes ballistic and uses tons of bandaids. If she gets hurt and no one is right there to comfort her, she gets really really upset, and says "You don't care". Oh, and she will also roll up different parts of her body with toilet paper, like an ace bandage. And, she has no problem running around the house completely naked (even in front of my hubby(Her Dad). Please tell me this is normal 11 year old behavior. Or does it sound like some kind of Asperger's or Autism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I don't know about Asberger's or Autism but I used to like to play with eggs when I was young too. Just saying... If you're concerned you should talk to her doctor.
    pinkvelvet_zen

Answer by pinkvelvet_zen at 3:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This doesn't sound normal contact a doctor & see what they say she made need counseling

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It sounds like odd behavior to me, but I'm not an expert. I would contact her dr asap. The naked part sounds particularly alarming at that age.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's not normal, but I think it sounds a little more like Histrionic Personality Disorder.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I can see playing with the eggs. At least she cracked them over the sink! Is she your only child? Does she ever have contact with outsiders? The running naked will surely stop as she starts through puberty. Is she developmentally delayed? The bandages and the way she reacts when she gets hurt, tell me she may be. Sounds to me like she is just a little stir crazy Mama! But I don't know, that's just my opinion!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• most of it sounds ok to me...maybe not the running around naked though...

My son is 14 and still burns through band aids if he has a cut- playing with eggs...eh at least it was at the sink and not like on a table or something so I don't think it's THAT wierd for the age...I am certainly no doctor though. If you think there might be issues-take her to be seen
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't know if it'd be considered Auspbergers (sp?), but that is most definately not normal behavior. I would definately suggest her seeing a therapist or specialist to see what exactly it is though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:09 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It does not sound normal to me, ask a professional for help.

Answer by older at 1:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011