My husband wants another child

My husband and I have 2 children together he has 2 from a previous relationship and I have 9 from a previous marriage. His children live in another country and he missed out on being with them. We have 2 boys and he wants to try one more time for a girl. I am 48 however, and I don't know if my body could handle another pregnancy. While there is a part of me that would like to have a daughter there are no guarantees. I love all my children but I am tired. What do you all think?

MelissaCarole

Asked by MelissaCarole at 3:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that's a GREAT choice. If you body is ready for another one and can handle another one then it will ovulate and you'll concieve.

You do have some extra risk but since you've had several healthy children while being advanced maternal age I don't think I would be TOO concerned. If the baby is special needs...then you'll love him or her just the same!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Anonymous

• I think that you both need to be on the sme page with it or there will be major conflict somewhere down the road. What about a surrogate? It can still be you and dh's baby, but another uterus will grow it. Or you can adopt and ne 100% of a girl.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Adopt or get a pet?You can give it a try but just think of all the emotional stress you wil be putting on yourself,the newborn, mentally and your physical health especially due to your age!
    cocoamom03

Answer by cocoamom03 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• *same and *be
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I personally wouldn't do it. But I am not you. Are you prepared for the possibility of a downs child?? Reality is the older you are the higher the chances. It's nice that the men want another baby, but it's you that has to carry it and deliver it. If you don't feel up to it then don't do it. He sort of sounds like he's having a mid-life crisis thing. I'd make him wait for a grandchild. All the joys of a baby plus the bonus of giving it back to the parents when you're exhausted.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I woudnt becuz with so many you will probably have plenty of grandchildren to spoil. and those get to go home usually...lol:)
    nat375

Answer by nat375 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• What I decided to do is to let nature take it's course. I think it's a small chance I'll get pregnant anyway. If I do, I'll cope. I had my last son at 47 so it's not like I'm starting over. I guess in the meantime I'll just eat as healthy as I can, take vitamins and leave it the hands of God.
    Besides we have 7 cats and 2 fish and my 7 year old wants a dog AND a little sister. They're teaming up on me. LOL
    MelissaCarole

Comment by MelissaCarole (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 9 children from a previous marriage? YOU ARE FREAKIN BABY MAKIN MACHINE!!

Whatever you and your husband decide....

GL.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011