My son's girlfriend aborted their baby. adult content

Recently I found out that my son's ex girlfriend aborted their baby after breaking up with him when she was about 5 months pregnant.
I am having a hard time with it. Not only am I anti abortion but to see the pain my son is in from not only losing her but their baby, as well, it's really hard to deal with. Does anyone have any suggestions in coping with this kind of loss. My son "made" me promise not to tell anyone about it. But it's so hard keeping this type of thing to myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• That's really sad. I think fathers should have a right to see their child live. This is one of the thousand reason I am pro-life. The only thing I can say to comfort you is know that the baby is with God now. Your son is way better off without that girl too. She obviously cares about no one but herself.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Here is a link to a website that offers resources to help young men in the same situation as your son. I hope it helps.

http://www.fatherhoodforever.org/index.html

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Have a private memorial service. This can help with the grieving process. Also there's this. http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/men/index.htm they are there to help not convert. It might help him to know that he is not alone there are other men who have been through this.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thank you, I agree!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• awwwwww I'm SO very sorry that happened to him. That was VERY wrong on her part and to do it THAT late in the pregnancy, wow I would be glad that your son got rid of a "woman" like that. I hope those websites can help your son out! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers and hope that he can move on from this devastating event! Big hugs momma
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 12:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I came to choose a "best answer" but they are all so helpful, God bless you all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• she aborted a baby @ 5months wow so sad...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• whoa
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• She waited 5 months??? I am sorry for how you are feeling. It may be best that a child did not come into this world with two people who aren't even together anyway. Your son will meet someone he is meant to be with, and give you grand kids then.

Anonymous

• that is really sad this happened to my cousin too but come to find out she was cheating on him with another man...i wish you the best hun
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011