How long does it take to get pregnant?

This is not a trick question or a dumb one. I mean how long should a woman expect it to take to get pregnant in her mid-late 20's and already had a couple of kids. Also with irregular periods. Never had a problem with ttc in the past, got pregnant on the first try with 2 kids. Had one miscarriage, but also got pregnant on the first try with that one. Dr said it was not likely that I would have another miscarriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• For a healthy couple with no fertility issues up to a year and a half. You body and hormones have changed from the other kids. The older you get the harder it willl be. Just because it happened so easily before doesn't mean it will be that easy again. If it takes longer than 18 months consult a fertility doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Every miscarriage increases your likelihood of having another. I have had 4 total, been pregnant 6 times, so that means two living children. I am close to 40, so my stats are going to be a lot different that your stats.

If conception takes longer than 12 months, seek the advice of your OBGYN or and RE. If you are over 35, and it takes longer than 6 months, seek professional advice. Track your fertility using Fertility Friend or any number of charting/prediction sites. Knowing when you ovulate will greatly increase your odds of conceiving.

Good luck!
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 8:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If you had two live births prior to your miscarriage the research shows that you have about a 10% chance that it will happen again which is the same as any other women who's never had a miscarriage.

There is no way of telling you when you should expect to get pregnant. If you chart cervical mucus, cervical position, and BBT you can expect that you will concieve within 4 months. If you are not charting you can expect that you will concieve within 12-18 months.

If you are over 35 you should seek help after 6 months.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to learn how to get pregnant fast.

I've been pregnant 3 times. I didn't chart with the first one and it took almost a year. I charted with the second and third one. I got pregnant first try with both. The third sadly ended in miscarriage.

We are TTC again.
    Anonymous