Has anyone had a hard abdomen/stomach after a C-Section? Even a year later?

I have a hard area almost above my stomach. Its not painful except if I have indigestion. Sometimes it looks like a soft ball if I move a certain way....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a horrible Csection and yes I had that feeling during my recovery time, I know exactly what you mean. However it stopped after 5 or 6 months. Now everything is back to normal but it's been 15 months since my Csection. Maybe you should try a doctor's appointment just to have it checked out? It's better to be safe than sorry. :)
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 5:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sounds like a hernia.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I had a c-section but never had that problem, i would def call your doctor and go get it checked out just in case, cause it also sounds like a hernia too me, and i've had TWO of those...
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Could be scar tissue. I've never had a c-section but my daughter has a c-section scar from a previous surgery and her stomach is hard right behind it. The doctor told it was just scar tissue.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011