Do any of your children drink from this and is it ok ?

I have a 15 month old DD. She drank for a while from a sippy cup and it was really easy for her, as she wasn't that much into bottles (weirdly enough!) I tried once to give her to drink from a straw and now she loves it! She drinks water from a straw now or better from this: http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/images/site-alpha/articles/being-a-parent/mommy_rated/baby_gear_travel/fb_cup_with_straw.jpg

Is that ok for her age? As I said she's 15 months, 16 soon. She is capable of drinking from a sippy cup but she prefers this. Also, when I have tried giving her to drink from a plastic normal glass, she knows not to suck on it, which was so awesome to see really! So I am wondering, do any of your children drink from the cup/straw kind of thing? Thanks!

Marianne140

Asked by Marianne140 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes, that is alright. my kids prefer straws sometimes too
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes - we have a couple different kinds of cups and those are fine.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That's great that she's advancing in cups soo early. That will make it really easy on you in the long run. As well as keep her happy knowing she's getting a big girl cup. You should really be happy that she's doing this. Yes, it is great that she's drinking from a straw cup. You should really encourage it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My 15 month old prefers drinking from a straw as well : ) She has been doing it since she was 10 months but she still uses the sippy cup too.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Congrats. My kiddo started using a straw @ 10 months. She loves straws. I seen some crazy straws the other day @ wal mart so I got them. My 2 1/2 yr old thinks its so funny.
    ArmywifeNatasha

Answer by ArmywifeNatasha at 5:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011