When will I ever get a full nights sleep again?

Not so much a question, because I can't make my 1 and 2 yr old sleep all night. I have tried it all anyways. I'm just wishing they would sleep all night, or at least just wake once a night each. Anyone else feel that way every morning?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 7:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• going crazyLet me know when you figure it out and tell me how!!!

Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yep...I don't think I've slept a full night in years...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I felt the same..there will be an age when you will be sleeping good.. then comes the teen years where you will be up late again! lol I'm just kidding.. kinda sorta..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Have you tried the family bed?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, my oldest is in bed with me and he is the one who is awake more than the baby. He sometimes wakes up when he hears the baby. Or he wakes up, who knows why. I'm talking 3 to 8x a night!!! Last night was one of those nights where he just fidgits and tosses around and after an hour of being awake he wanted to go downstairs and watch YoGabbaGabba. He is high energy all day. My parents said I never slept a solid 10 hour stretch until I started kindergarten, I think he is just going to be the same way.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Have you tried not cosleeping? I know there's no way I could get a full night's sleep if my kids were in the bed with me! As it is, they all sleep in their own beds in their own rooms and I usually get a full 8 hours/night.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, the oldest has slept in his own bed. About 6 months ago he started coming to my bed part way through the night. I sleep fine until he wakes me up.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Keep them as active as possible during the day and maybe even keep them from taking a nap. Then make sure they get a full breakfast. You might even try the CIO method during the night, so that they know it's time to sleep and not be up. I do feel like you do sometimes, because on occassion my 1 & 2 year old will wake during the night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2011