Do you put things away when you're out?

Do you put things away when you're out?

Shopping cart...it's pouring rain....parking lot is already almost empty...do you still run it to the cart return or do you just leave it nearby so you can get the kids in and get home? When trying on clothes and decide against some of the items...do you hang them on the clothing rail near the dressing rooms or do you go all the way back and return the clothes on the proper racks that you got them from?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 8:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Shopping

• depends. Usually I do, but if its awful out or there's too much traffic or someone is having a bad day and its just time to go, then I won't.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• if im by myself I return the cart. if im with my kids if the cart is VERY close. if not it sits.I wont leave my kids alone too many creepers out there
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I try to park close to a cart return if its just me and the kids. Too difficult with a 5 mo old and 5 year old. As far as clothes if I am going back for other sizes or walking back through I wll try to put them back where I got them, otherwise yup they go on the closest rack where no employees are watching LOL
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I always put things like that away. I do make an effort to park near the shopping cart corral.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I leave the clothes on the return rack by the dressing room if I'm not going back that way. Most of the time the sales clerks will take them from me if I'm not buying them, and if I am I give them my hangers. The cart will go back in the cart return, because I've had my car damaged by ones that weren't, and I would feel awful if it happened to someone else because of me.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I always take care of my cart, and return items where the clerk indicates to do so. I feel bad if I don't, it just seems like common courtesy to me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• When I'm trying on clothes I leave the ones I don't want in the dressing room. It's the dressing room attendants job to put away those clothes, so I give her something to do. Ha! When it comes to the car I ALWAYS put that away. I don't care if it's hailing it's only curteous to put the cart back. What if high winds pick up and send the un corralled carts flying into other people's cars? This happened at our recent trip to Walmart. Three or four cars were slammed into by carts that weren't properly put away. When it comes to an item I decided I don't want while shopping around I put it back where it belongs. No need in causing everyone extra work by having to travel around the store finding where something goes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I leave them. It's not my job to put them back....I am told that stores do that so you can have discounts.....I've shopped at stores that have those services and the prices do not seem to be any higher...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I try to do my best, its rude not to
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011