People with names.

Ok, I know this is wrong, but if I am introduced to a person with one of three certain names - that person already has me on guard. I just find myself being distrustful of certain names. WITHOUT naming any specific names, do you feel the same way??

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sarah, EVERYONE wants to name their kid after you, even their boy-children. In 6 years, first-grade classes will be overwhelmed with Sarahs of both genders.
    Abomnablesnogrl

Answer by Abomnablesnogrl at 3:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I do feel the same way - and I know why. I have had horrible experiences with those ppl with those names.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I know how you feel! And whats funny is that no matter what happens, the ppl with those names still turn out to be what you thought!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't understand.. does the person have three different names, or just call themselves by different names? I would just ask and find out why.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• that is sad that it has to be that way since the poor Muslims that live in America are looked down upon because of their names and they have nothing to do with anything,
    Anonymous

• i do like i knew this girl named Tessa in grade school and she was a real Bit** and she was so mean and crule to everyone now like every Tessa i meet ( which there hasnt been that many) i think back to her and i figure they are just like her....sad i know
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• DAMMIT!!! I broke the rules and named names!!!!

Anyhow, I used to be that way. Then I met some cool people who had the names of the ones that put me on guard.

Still not naming my daughter after them....but....cool chicks nonetheless.

Oh....and it has nothing to do with extended racial/religious profiling. It's just that you meet a certain number of people that are assholes with the same name and you start to assume they're all like that.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 5:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i broke the rules too.....didnt mean 2 though sorry
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Anon: None of the three names that I dislike are anything but good old suburban typical American names like Sarah (that is my name, so see technically I didn't break the rules, but not one of my three distrusted names. Oh and they are all girl names, but there is one boy name that I don't like too, but it isn't muslim either). And, I know you want to name your kid after me.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yes!! This is the same as not naming your child something because you had a boyfriend, ex friend, mean aunt or uncle, neighbor, etc...
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008