what to get hubby for birthday

His birthday is May 11 but he is deploying to Afganistain end April so we are doing out birthdays before he leaves. I need idas as what to get him. hes 25 not too big into gaming, he likes hockey. I would like something he can take with him over there. but he will be out patrolling and stuff so not as much free time. under 100 would be good.

marinewife0311

Asked by marinewife0311 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• one more fling for the rode to remember you by ;-) lol

how about a collage of pics of you and the family for him to bring along?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was going to make him a scrapbook of mics for each month hes gone, but give it to him for xmas. since he will be home right before that.
    marinewife0311

Comment by marinewife0311 (original poster) at 8:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i have seen these itouch things. kinda like an iphone, but no phone on it. ithink you can put games, pictures, record stuff, music and stuff on it. you could get one, load it up with all kinds of stuff you and the kids. they are small, so easy to keep on your person. not sure about how to keep it charged, though. just an idea!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree with a small carry size scrapbook with pictures of his family. Maybe have each family member write a message to him under their picture. I think that would really help him feel connected to you guys while he's over there.

I think a care package. Chapstick, underwear, baked goods, calling cards, and other things that would benefit him while he's over there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• this is our 3rd deployment so I know all about the car pkges. We have a 32 g ipod touch but he doesnt want to bring it over there and get sand all in it. afgan sand is very fine. i cant give him a scrapbook if thats what im doing for xmas.
    marinewife0311

Comment by marinewife0311 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011