Back In the Saddle

At my six week appointment, my doc told me to wait another month before having sex again. Not cool, since I was ready to go right away. However, it's ten weeks later, and we haven't been able to do it! We both want to, but it's not going well. We know it's not going to be good, but still can't even get through the door. We've tried various relaxation techniques and lots of lube, but it's still not working. I'm wondering if some kind of numbing product would work, does anyone know of anything? Or have any other suggestions?

KatieCrandall

Asked by KatieCrandall at 5:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• does it hurt you when you try or it just wont go in???
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Hurts to go in...so we stop. During my exam, my doctor said that the part that wasn't healing was along the outside, as the internal exam didn't hurt, just that pressure right there.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• hubby and i started slowly..barely going in and out..if it hurt too bad we'd stop..we did this until he was able to go all the way in....but there are still time when i get so tight he can't even put a finger in....i would def. try a numbing product.
    Anonymous

• I had a lot of problems after I had an episiotomy. My dr gave me the go ahead but it hurt for quite a while. I ended up having low estrogen (they can see that so if you do the dr would've seen it). If it hasn't healed as in open wound, I don't recommend using lubes because of chances of infection without asking the nurse or dr for recommendations. I'd ask the nurse about this anyway to see if there's something you can do to make it easier. The first time several times I had sex it got easier but the very first time (thank goodness I was warned) it was much more painful than when I lost my virginity (makes sense after what came out of there). I did go to my dr another
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• time because he just couldn't get in there, it was like it was locked up like a vice and she gave a big name for it but in lamens terms, she said that it was psychological, that it happens to a lot of women that have had a tramatic experience (not sure if that would include hard delivery or not)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008