Hair Loss in women

After the age of 40, I realize it is normal for your hair to thin out a bit, but mine has thinned out too much, and I suspect health problems.....has anyone used vitamins and nutrition successfully to grow hair?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• have your thyroid checked. also, if you are extreme-dieting and going without, you could be at risk for missing important nutrients that feed your blood.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My hair thinned significantly when my thyroid got out of control. Once I got that taken care of my hair thickened again, though it's not completely returned to the way it used to be. If you suspect health problems you should really check into that.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I guess I should be more specific about the health problems.....I am a thyroid cancer survivor, and I have Hashimotos....I don't do extreme dieting, although I did in my youth....these days I'm all about fresh air, sunshine, fresh foods, etc.......and getting healthy....I am significantly overweight due to past extreme dieting and also the health problems mentioned above......that's why I'm wondering about specific things to grow hair back.....I'm already doing all the rest to the best of my ability.....thanks for the input!
    Anna92464

Comment by Anna92464 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2011