Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I have been separated for 1 year and 3 months. we both have lawyers and been to court twice so far. I have a boyfriend and we live together and have been for a year now. I want to know is there a law in SC that says your boyfriend can not be here at night when my kids are with me on the weekends?

My kids know everything and I do not hide anything. They are ready for this divorce to be over so me and their dad can marry the people we are with.

Answer Question

Asked by smiley012580 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Hun the best thing to do is call your local children services department and ask them.

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • Ask your lawyer

    Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • I don't old are your kids? Did they know the boyfriend while you were married or just the 3 months before moving in with him?

    Answer by ria7 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • No. Individuals can have it written into their decree if they want but it is not a law in any state.

    Answer by desert_diva at 10:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • im in search on an answer too!

    Answer by Evsmommy06 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.