A ? For those of u who's SO/DH is not ur kids dad?

Do they act like a father to them i got back w sons father cuz im supposed to be able to expect more out of him than a normal bf, tht didnt work, but i was wondering do ur SO's do fatherly (cont)

Logan17000

Asked by Logan17000 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• yes - my dh is just like my older kids dad. He goes to parent/teacher conferences, helps with projects, cleans up after them when they are sick, etc. He does way more for/with them than their bio dad ever did. It depends on the man, not his biological connection to the child!

Answer by missanc at 10:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sorry - I didn't see that it was continued. He pays for everything. I'm a SAHM and my ex is supposed to be paying child support, but doesn't. We've been together 5 years, married for 3.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My husband and I have been together almost 2 years. He packs her lunch does laundry, painted her room, picks her up after school, goes to swim meets...he takes care of her as if he is her father. My dd is 9 and doesnt see her dad so she usually loves having her step dad around.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My DH treats "my" two children just as he does "his two" and our son together. He helps with homework, plays with them, disciplines as necessary, etc. We are a "parental unit" to all the kids, just as we would be if he were the bio-father of all of them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Duties? (like take care of kids while u work, share in the care when ur both home, take of them financially if needed, etc) and if so do the two of u have a good relationship? And how long have u been together?
    Logan17000

Comment by Logan17000 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My husband and I have been together for 23 years. My oldest son was 4 when we met, and then we had 2 more boys together. My oldest and my husband had a great bond from the very beginning. In fact my son has always said he picked out his own dad, and yes he did have a relationship with his biological dad.

There has never been any difference in the way my husband has treated any of the boys, he has never referred to my oldest as his stepson, simply my son, or our oldest. My boys are all just brothers......no steps.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• well for me, i wouldnt be with somebody who didn't treat my child like a father should. after i broke it off with my ex i was a single mom for almost a year and then i re-connected with my old highschool boyfriend. we dated and stuff and eventually i brought him around my daughter, and the two of them clicked instantly and became 2 peas in a pod. as a single mom, i wouldn't have chosen somebody who i didn't plan to be long-term with and who wouldn't have treated my child like their child. now we are married, we have two kids together and my oldest. he plans to adopt her soon. he works and i stay at home with all 3 of them. he does all the things that daddy's are supposed to do.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yep my bf treats my kids like his own. He plays with them, helps get them supper, cleans up after them and gives them hugs and kisses and disciplines them when need be. He's a wonderful father and I love him and want to add to our family eventually. He's more of father to them than their sperm donor. He's half way across the country and doesn't care if he sees them or not.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 10:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He acts just like her father. He respects that she does have a biological father who is active in her life and doesn't demand that she call him dad...neither do I.
    She does anyway. We don't encourage that she think he is her dad but neither do we discourage how she feels about him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• my dh treats my son the way a father should. he has no children of his own, just my son. we have been together 4 yrs and married 2. my son just turned six and calls him dad (he only knows him as his dad) i can't wait until we have another child so my dh can experience having a new born baby. i know he will be so good with a baby
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2011