My son has been sick for past 3 to 4 day's and has not been gonig to daycare for that many days. The question I have is will the daycare reimburse the tuition that I have paid for that week.

OamsMom

Asked by OamsMom at 10:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some will but only with a doctors excuse. It stinks- but I guess because they budget the tuition into paying the daycare's bills. My daughter went to daycare for a year..it was so expensive. It cost me more than my town house rent at the time to put them in a Christian daycare. I was a single mom, which made it twice as hard.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 12:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You will have to ask them, but most policies are not to reimburse....They have to pay their bills whether your kid shows up or not, and that is why most have that policy.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Not around here. The tuition even when he isn't there holds his place in enrollment.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, the daycare was not able to place another child in your child's seats, therefore, you need to pay for that time.
    Unless it id in your contract that you only pay for the time your child is at daycare.

As long as your child is enrolled on that daycare, you have to pay for the time, whether he is there or not. You are paying for the seat. If the seat is empty because your child is sick, it is still your seat.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You would have to discuss that with the daycare. One I looked at for my son made me still pay full weeks pay even if we were going on vacation and knew in advance he wouldn't be there.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Probably not, most daycare's or pre-schools require payment, even if you go on vacation. They have to keep that space open for your child.

Some home daycare providers will reimburse, but for most of them, they count on that money as income too, and need it to pay their bills.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Probably not. Usually if you're going to w/d your child for a week for vacation or something planned, you won't have to pay as long as you give ample notice. Otherwise, you've probably signed a contract & committed to paying a certain amount for a certain amount of care every week.

It is worth asking, but don't expect it.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• not likely..most have a policy of continued-pay. some have a certain number of 'vacation' days/year included, but you still have to pay for your 'spot' when the child misses. its how the business is run.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Most daycares have a "pay to stay" policy, meaning that you pay for daycare regardless of whether your child attends or not. The only time I've received a break on tuition is when I had a scheduled vacation, I only had to pay 1/2 for the week they weren't there.

It's worth asking about, though!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My guess is they will not, but you can consult the written policy or ask. You usually get a copy of the daycare's policies when you first enroll, so you might look at any paers or booklets you got at that time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011