Have ya heard? Rahm back on the ballot...

CHICAGO – Minutes after finding out that Illinois' highest court had put him back in the race for Chicago mayor, Rahm Emanuel was at a downtown transit station, shaking hands and talking about a congratulatory phone call from President Barack Obama.

The scene after the state Supreme Court ruled unanimously Thursday in Emanuel's favor served as a reminder that he was still the front-runner. He had barely broken stride during the three days his campaign was in doubt after a lower court threw the former White House chief of staff off the ballot because he had not lived in Chicago for a full year before the Feb. 22 election. Emanuel is still far ahead in the polls, millions of dollars ahead in fundraising, and again reminding voters of his friends in the highest of places — even as he tries to win votes in train stations and bowling alleys.

"The good news is now that we have the Supreme Court decision, it's behind us," he said a short time later during a debate with other candidates. "Hopefully this will be the last question about it for all of us, including myself."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Let's all have a moment of silence for those in Chicago who are tired of the corruption..... Poor City....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Agreed, grly
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

•  

Let's all have a moment of silence for those in Chicago who are tired of the corruption..... Poor City....

Its their choice, they didnt choose him yet

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I didn't say they did choose him yet... I said I feel sorry for those in the city who tired of the corruption... The man has raised over $11 million.. (20 x's more that the next competitor per polls).. It has been proven, historically, Chicago is a corrupt city (law enforcement, politics, etc)... Rahm is questionable... For instance~Judicial Watch named candidate Rahm Emanuel one of the top ten most US corrupt politicians of 2010.... I feel sorry for the poor city...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Judicial Watch

?

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• What's your question?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Whatever, the saddest part is that so many people want him to win.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Is anyone surprised? I am sure he had an appeal ready as soon as the first ruling came down. I don't really care since I am not voting for him (I don't live in Chicago). If people want him to be their mayor then I guess they will get what they vote for. I don't blame anyone for filing the suit to have him removed due to the qualifications. Everyone should have to prove that they qualify for the position they are running for (and no, I'm not a birther).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011