my sons is constantly hitting my other son.

i am newly engaged and i have a 3 year old boy and my fiance has a 2 year old boy as well, my 3 year old is constantly hitting my 2 year old, i mean constantly and my 2 year old geo just cries and now its to the point where geo my 2 year comes crying about absolutly nothing and saying my 3 year old hit him , when he hasnt , and now i dont know the difference wether Aydin my 3 year old has hit him or not, tho its more likely that Aydin did hit Geo. At this point Aydin spends most of the time being yelled at and being put in time out. i will hear him ordering Geo around repeating what im saying and puting geo in time out , which i think it pretty funny cause geo actually goes in time out. ok back to the issue. I dont want to constantly have to yell or put my son in time out. io dont know what to do, or how to make it stop. some one please help me

aydin

Asked by aydin at 10:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Why don't you try another form of punishment such as taking away favorite toys or favorite snacks.Sounds like a little bit of jealousy maybe you could get the two boys to do a team project together. Wish i could be of more help good luck.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He may not be getting enough one on one time with you and your SO. Make sure you spend time with him and praise him when he does things right. Taking away their most favorite thing is what worked best with our kids.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son's dad starting taking away toys, like it was suggested above. Time outs didn't always work for him either - he's almost three and he's big on hitting too - so taking away toys seemed okay. He says he's going to throw them out - but of course he really just puts them up and will but them back in the toy box later. Usually whatever toy Aden is most interested at the moment is the one that gets taken away, so that's definitely good enough reason for him to stop.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ive tried taking away the toys and honestly it just makes him more frustrated. the time out is def not roking he just gets more frustrated and acts out again. Aydin has an amazing memory, he will remember the situation and then lash out later on. im just stuck at a cross roads i considering instead of treating them the same i treat them differently. i just dont knwo how to do it with out seeming unfair to the other. geo the 2 year old follows behind aydin the 3 year old and does everything aydin does like. if Aydn wants hug geo follows behind him tries to get a hug then Aydin get angry and strarts the hitting once i attept to give them bothe my attention. so yes it is jealousy and frustration. what my solution now other then taking away and time out. cause its just adding fuel the fire.
    aydin

Comment by aydin (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i def will inforce the one on one time instead of sharing. and i def think aydin needs more time alone just h and i. team projects def will try it more.
    aydin

Comment by aydin (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• After reading your second comment you might distract the youngest too and give the two kids separate things to do. It is quite irritating to have someone following you around. I can understand your oldest's frustration. Sit right on the floor with the two of them and keep them interested in different things. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011