i was just wondering if anyone may know.... 2 questions

when i touch my stomach down low like above my pelvic bones maybe an inch above it it feels almost rock hard but the baby has already started moving up .. is it still the baby or is that normal for it to feel hard? also last night i got out of my SOs truck and i felt this pain shoot threw my uterus it only lasted maybe 30 seconds but then like around my belly button and a litle below i got this like cramping feeling its hurt and it only happened about 3 times then went away i never had braxton hicks with my first is that what that was?

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well what your feeling above your pubic bone is just your utuerus its growing and it gets tight soon as you know your whole belly will feel hard. as for the pain you probaly just moved wrong which caused a sharp pain in your ligments wouldnt worry does suck but happens. i get them to if i move to quickly
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• lol ok .. thanks i was just wondering because this is my second pregnancy but nothing happened with the first one no pains or anything so i feel stupid lol ... i wasnt sure about the pain cause i never even had the braxton hicks before so i didnt even know what to think lol besides OUCH !!! lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• yeah there is nothing to worry about. the hard belly part is normal :)))

and the pain, yup that hurts really bad. I had that very often when i was pregnant. it mostly happened when i moved wrong or when i stood up on my feet too fast. or even when i was stretching a little after waking up.. sometimes it was really hurtful. but my obgyn told me that this is normal and not dangerous at all :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• thank you .. makes me feel better that i probably didnt do something wrong lol maybe next time i wont get out of the truck with stuff in my arms lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

DON'T WORRY SO MUCH... ALSO YOU DO KNOW THAT WITH EVERY PREGNANCY THERE ARE GOING TO BE DIFFERENCES. AND ALSO WITH EVERY ADDITIONAL PREGNANCY YOUR LIGAMENTS AND MUSCLES GET LESS AND LESS TIGHT. SO THEY ARE WEAKER AND CAN HOLD THE BABY SAFE AND SECURE AND IN UPRIGHT LOCKED POSITION LESS AND LESS.
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 12:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2008