any neti-pot users out there?

wow..i just used mine. i feel so clean!!
what other methods(non-medicating) do you use to clear your sinus passages? it seems a steamy shower only helps while i'm IN the shower.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 10:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• You have to make sure the water temperature is right too. If it is too hot or too cold, it is painful.

I've always had sinus infections & I swear by this! I do also carry saline nasal spray with me, especially in winter to avoid getting dried out. But I never, ever use the spray in public!! I have my pride!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My mom is. She said they work wonders on her sinuses. I get mine in the next couple weeks.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have a lot of friends who are, but I've never tried it. I definitely want to the next time I get sick though.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Used it once, about a month ago. Man, was it WEIRD. haha. But it helped a ton, and I could breathe much better afterwards.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It work a great, but it does make you feel like you are drowning...for a min.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Does anyone have any tips for using it and not feeling like you're being waterboarded?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• craftingmama..you must be holding your head wrong, or breathing incorrectly. you need to keep your head/chin straight up, but parallel to the floor/counter/sink when you tilt your neck. concentrate on only breathing in/out easily through your mouth and when your rhythm is adjusted and calmed, slowly start the pour on the 'top' nostril..slowly. continue pouring until it begins to run out of the bottom nostril. let it run..then blow it out! repeat for the other side, tilting your head in the opposite direction.
    if you try to inhale through your nose while pouring, it will hurt like a dog!, as the liquid (sea-salt water is best) will undoubtedly go down the wrong passage, and you'll end up swallowing. don't do that!! remember to breathe through your mouth the entire time.
    you can google how-to videos.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My mom swears by the neti-pot, but I've never used one.
    Cafe Kristin

Answer by Cafe Kristin at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011