Is your school system considering cancelling February break?

Some school systems in our state are, so we aren't in school until July!

We live in Connecticut & a lot of our school systems have a week break in February, usually President's Day week and a break in April.

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• February break? What's that?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Do you mean Spring Break? Ours is in March. We haven't had bad weather days so far. There have been years where we had 4-6 ice/snow days and s[pring break was cancelled to make up the time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• no february break in indina just the usual presidents day off.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• LOL - I know, we're one of the few systems that has one! I don't like it - would rather have one or two 3 day weekends and get out earlier.
    sweetpotato418

Comment by sweetpotato418 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• not that i know of
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We don't have a "February break" in NC. We have two teacher workdays back to back, or we did but one is now a snow make up day.

Answer by missanc at 10:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'm in Connecticut too, I thought it was April vacation though. I feel sooo bad for my teacher friends that already booked their vacations!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• They thought about it where my DD goes to school here in GA. But, many parents were complaining that they already had payed for arrangements & vacations and such during that week. So, they decided to keep it. They did cancel a few single vacation days in like march & may.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• we also have Feb. vacation and April vacation in the secondary schools... it's the colleges that have 2 weeks off in March and call it spring break. If we go past 5 snow days it will eat into Feb or April vacation. The kids can't go to school in July b/c of the way the teachers contracts are written... July 1 in the cut off (I'm in MA)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We dont have a feb. break, just a sprink break, in march that was 1 week now it is 2 weeks to save $
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011