Any Real Estate Agents Here on Cafemom?

I just got my license here in CA. I was wondering how you got your business up and running.

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Congratulations! I have two friends that are agents (I went through the classes, but never got my license). They got their name out there by putting business cards everywhere (grocery store bulletin boards, restaurants, etc.) They also sent fliers to select areas, offering free appraisals. It took about 2 years before either of them was living comfortably. Best of luck to you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i am not a agent,, i was a sales consultant in real estate for many years tho! GOOD LUCK! WHAT FUN!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have my license, but never really worked. My ex was a real estate agent. He targeted neighborhoods. I did all the research on them, found out the "news" and sent out a neighborhood newsletter every other month to them (four neighborhoods, I did two neighborhoods/month - one was ours and the other were next to us) that had advertisements for him and another close business or two (I sold the ads to help cover the cost of the mailing). He became very popular in those neighborhoods because they saw his name all the time.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My sister-in-law is an agent. When she first started out, she tried to go it alone, but it was too hard so she now works for a real estate firm and is doing much better.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I am an agent, but am in the process of looking for a broker to place my license with.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011