With all the snow

we've had have you made sure your mail carrier can get to your box without performing feats of contortion? If you have thank you so much. If not please don't complain because you might have to go into the PO or not get any mail until the spring thaw.

oldermomof5

Asked by oldermomof5 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• this drives me nuts, we have a paper and flyer route with the kids, and they tell us, if people do not shovel, do not do them!! SO DO IT!!!, lazy turds out there!@
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We don't have a walking mail carrier, but we always make sure theres no snow on the box so they don't get an arm sleeve full.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's the rural carriers that have the most problems. Getting stuck at a box for instance. Or so much snow that we would have to get out which we are not suppose to do. Safety reasons. If we were to slip and fall we would be responsible and not Workman's comp.
    oldermomof5

Comment by oldermomof5 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• thankfully it hasn't snowed here since the 11th of this month...it's going to be in the mid 60s today and i'm going to enjoy playing outside with my babies before it gets cold again
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My mailbox is right up next to my driveway/walkway so it is always shoveled out and the mailman is able to access it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We don't have any snow (it's been in the low 50s here all week) :p
    But when we lived in Chicago we always swept/shoveled the stairs so the mailman could easily get up and down. And someone would shovel/snowblow the sidewalk in front of our house. If it wasn't us it would be one of our neighbors. We had an unspoken agreement with several of them and whoever got out there first did just about everyone's yard (we knew these people for 20+ years).
    In Chicago you are liable if anyone falls in front of your house because of the snow/ice even though the city technically owns the sidewalk. And they don't have to deliver the mail if they think your stairs are too dangerous so...yeah, we kept it clear.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We have a semi-rural route and the box is cleared every morning for our carrier. I really like our mail carrier, but even if I didn't, I would still clear the box for her because that's just rude not to.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011