What are your feelings about the price of freedom?

Just a random question.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• In what respect? Those in the military/law enforcement who dedicate their time, life, and commit to protecting the citizens. I think they pay the ultimate price and can never thank them enough..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That the majority of Americans don't have the first clue what that really means. They think sacrifice is when the battery in their cell phone dies.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Those citizens who dedicate their time to hold politicians accountable and remind the politicians they OWRK FOR US? I think our nation needs more of them working to protect this nation...

I could go on.....Those who speak free and endure criticism? Those who see opportunity, work hard and become successful, only to have to pay MORE taxes for their hard work? ..... Every "free" aspect of America comes with a price..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• One of my favorite presidents summed it up. John F. Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your Country". I was in the Military, because we can't put a price on Freedom. If this country ever loses its Freedom, its lost. Period!!
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I believe that we are not as free as our government claims we are....I also believe that rich corporations rule this world....I recently read that 97% of the wealth in this world is in the hands of 3% of the population.....I believe that we are manipulated through propoganda and our feelings of patriotism are taken advantage of to be used as pawns in rich people's wars...a lot of the time...I believe that many of our rights and freedoms are gone, and when we claim that truth, we are accused of being unpatriotic...I believe that the rich who use us as pawns don't give a crap about our freedom, they only care about themselves and getting what they want using whatever tactics they must use...It's about power, not freedom when our soldiers are being sent off to war...and it breaks my heart......
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• THE PRICE? IT TO KEEP THE FAITH IN GOOD AND THINK TWICE YOUR CHOICES.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's much higher than it should be
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• These are circumstances that I think of everday. People in other countries do suffer more than me. What is their price? I have so much and they have so little. I loath imperfect, selfish governments.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I know in my heart that I do not personally pay the full price of the freedom I enjoy but I am thankful for those that pay it on my behalf-always have been- always will be regardless if I agree or disagree with any war or mission-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011