Did your hair thin as you got older?

I'm 29 and my hair has been gradually thinning since college. It's about half as thick as it used to be and I still lose a lot in the shower every time I wash it!

Cafe Kristin

Asked by Cafe Kristin at 11:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• yes, wait till you are 40!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes! My hair is straight and thin - started getting real thin about 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my girl. :( It sux.
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. My hair has always been very thick, but it's gotten thinner. My poor sister has baby fine thin hair, and now that hers is thinning, it's very noticable. We always tease that I got the hair, but she got the boobs!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No I'm 43 & my hair has not thinned at all. Just got some grays so I color. You may want to have your Thyroid checked. A Thyroid problem will cause your hair to thin. Also some Blood Pressure Meds can cause hair loss.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My hair is getting thinner every day! My hair got darker and started getting thinner when I had my son.
    KKenty

Answer by KKenty at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011