Do you look down on people that are on PA?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely not. To me, it's a hand up, not a hand out. I know that there are people that abuse the system, but I'd like to think that most who are receiving assistance of some kind really need it and are working toward getting off of it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Those that really need it? no. Those that think it's coming to them so they don't even try? yes
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Look Down? Nope... Do I hope they are workinghard to get off PA and become personally responsible and financially independent from the "system"? Yes. do I think some politicians use expanding PA as a way to get votes? yup..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No. Although there are select people that do abuse it, most people don't WANT to be on PA.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Public assistance...No I dont I had several clients that were on it thats what I did for work and sometimes people really need the help I do however hope that people realize that this is to help them and they should be working on getting a job or career so that they do not have to use this and get off it. IT IS THERE TO ASSIST PEOPLE NOT TO PROVIDE THIER ENTIRE INCOME. There are so many people who honestly need that assistance and there are also so many that abuse it therere for ruining it for so many people and I think that is pretty sad! IF YOU HONESTLLY DONT NEED IT GIVE IT UP SO SOMEONE WHO DOES CAN GET THE HELP THEY NEED!!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, I don't. People are in need. I do look down on those who abuse it. But I don't know who all abuses it so I can't sit there and judge everyone. I know my brother abuses it which is why I reported him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Op- I think you're right that the majority of people use PA as it is intended because they need the help, and do not abuse it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Only if they are taking advantage of the system.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't look down on them, but I do get angry at the ones who live off of it and don't try to make a better life for themselves.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• only on a case-by-case basis. for example: an ex-friend of mine has been on PA since she got pregnancy-medicaid..17 years ago. do i think her 17yo son will follow suit? absolutely. why? because in the 12yrs i've known her she's barely worked more than 6months at a time, drawing PA for two years inbetween each employment, and b****** about it the entire time, refused promotions of even $.50/hr, and has done nothing buy begrudge my own financial blessings (due to my good choices, and hard-working mentality, no doubt). he's learned this behavior from her...its a way of life.
    so when its like that, yep, i do look down on her.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011