Why is it that no one with a Jesus fish on their car can drive?

Seriously- I have come to take the Jesus fish as a warning sign!

I haven't seen one person that
-Signals properly
-Is ever in the lane they need to be in
-Going the proper speed for the lane they are in
-Pays attention to the cars around them
-Fails to see that the 3 feet between me and the car in front of me doesn't mean I'm letting them in
-Recognizes a line of cars waiting to turn (they think they are so clever by cutting around everyone and jumping in at the last minute)
-Can read road signs

WHY?

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 11:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Reminds me of this:

A man was being tailgated by a stressed out woman on a busy street. The light turned yellow. He did the right thing, stopping, even though he could have beaten the light. The woman was furious, honked her horn, screaming in frustration, dropping her cell phone and makeup. Still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window and looked up to face a police officer. The officer ordered her to exit her car with hands up.

He arrested her. She was searched, printed, photographed, and placed in a cell. Later, the policeman opened the door. He said, 'Sorry for this mistake. I pulled up behind you while you were blowing your horn, flipping off the guy in front of you, and cussing a blue streak at him.' I noticed the 'WWJD' and 'Follow Me to Sunday-School' bumper stickers & the 'Choose Life' license plate holder, and the chrome-plated Christian fish emblem on the trunk; naturally...I assumed you had stolen the car.'
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Because Jesus is co-piloting too many people at once! That's what my husband and I always say! And we are Christian, by the way...we just don't believe that has to mean we are sticks in the mud with no sense of humor.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Dude, those are the only cars that ever cut me off at the last minute to get into my lane without using a turn signal.....those and Impala's.........If it's an Impala with a Jesus fish, I know I'm in trouble.......
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I will admit that i laughed at your question when i glanced at it..but i guess its because they are elderly...I dont know
    JacquitaH

Answer by JacquitaH at 11:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Guess you've never driven around me. I've been an excellent driver for 30+ years and I've had that sweet little fish on my vehicles for most of that time. Perhaps you think this just because you don't notice the good drivers with that on their cars.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Your reading too much into it. EVERYONE sucks at driving!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Because they believe that god will take care of them, they think they can drive like a drunken jackass. I don't think it's just christians. The morons are breeding more and more morons, and they are being given driver's licenses. Which means the half-way intelligent drivers not only have to drive defensively for themselves...they have to drive defensively for the morons. Sometimes modern medicine is more of a curse than a blessing!! (Joke, joke!!)
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• LOL oh the answer that I would have could get me in trouble.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Lol probably the same reason that NO ONE in S. FL knows how to drive (except me, of course)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Haha, all I know is my husband is a VERY good driver, and we have two Jesus fish on the back of our car. He's never gotten a ticket, or been in any kind of accident, he doesn't speed, always signals - he's a model driver. So I think I agree with ceallaigh - perhaps you just notice the fish on the cars of the bad drivers because they drive so poorly and don't notice all of the good drivers out there with fish on their cars...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011