Do you and your husband have the same parenting style/philosophy?

How do you work together and come to agreements on how to raise your kids?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• No we dont .. My teens dont clean or do what they are SUPPOSE to do unless Im around..He will tell them to clean up but they will lie and say they did it when that is not true cause they know he isnt gonna check behind them
    JacquitaH

Answer by JacquitaH at 11:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's because we have more faith than the average driver. Jesus is at the wheel and as you know he never learned how to drive before he was crucified.
    tushpush1966

Answer by tushpush1966 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He's more strict than I am, but we work together to discipline in a way that we are both comfortable with.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The only thing we really disagree on is how much we should contribute to college education.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No way, we are opposites but we compromise with each other on most things.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'm more of a strict, less is more type, while he doesn't care about spoiling the kid and doesn't mind being walked all over but we usually come to an agreement somehow LOL.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. My Husband and I see eye-to-eye on nearly everything, though.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We agree on most of it and compromise on the rest
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son is Autistic, so my husband expects me to take the lead in discipline and he follows suit. If I have to go someplace and my son cannot go with me, my husband will send him to the time out chair if he's unsure how to discipline. For the most part, our parenting styles are the same.
    MrsLooney

Answer by MrsLooney at 2:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. This is something that was discussed and agreed upon before we ever decided to have a child. Now granted over our (nearly ) 20 years of parenthood, we have needed to take another look at our original ideals/intentions and make changes. However, even those changes wer made together, with each others full agreement and cooperation.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011