Do you have family treasures that are passed down from generation to generation?

We have a vase that has been passed down from mother to oldest daughter for over 300 years now....With my generation it came to the United States and was given to me by my aunt, who didn't have a daughter....My aunt lives in Sicily....My oldest daughter will get it when she buys a home, or upon my death, whichever comes first.

Oh, and I think the vase is ugly, so I call myself "Keeper of the Ugly vase"....my daughter thinks it's beautiful and gets irritated at my title....oh well.

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A family Bible, and cast iron skillets that were my great-grandmothers.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have 7 generations of jewelry from the women in my mother's family. It is all pinned to a mat and in the shape of a large potted tree and hangs in a large oval frame. I've already added some of my jewelry to it and will someday pass it to my oldest daughter.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, we have a few items on hubs and on my side that have sentimental value and we plan on passing down to our kids or grandkids.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes, a baby christening gown. We don't use it any more it just sits in a frame and has been passed down to the oldest child since the mid 1800s (if what I've been told is true)
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have a family bible that has been in my family since 1872.  The births, deaths and marriages of my ancestors have been recorded in it since the mid 1800's.  It follows the family name, my maternal grandmother, myself and my eldest daughter all have the same middle name.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yep, Bible's, quilts, photo's, jewelery.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Quilts, silver/china and furniture.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nothing in my family but I have a lot of original artwork I've collected well worth passing down ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• nope ...nadda none.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 6:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011