Marriage classes or Marriage weekends

If you attended one of these, did you find it helped your marriage? Why or why not?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I attended a marriage class with my ex - obviously it didn't work! But I will admit that by the time we tried it, our relationship was pretty far gone. I did have a couple that were friends with us and kept urging us to try a marriage weekend workshop, but at that point I was pretty much done.

Answer by missanc at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I went to an engaged encounter weekend before I got married. For my (now) husband and I it was an entertaining and fun weekend. For some of the couples I think they got a bit of a shock when they were learning about each other. I'd do it again, and recommend it to others. I haven't attended marriage classes other than that marriage weekend, so no answers on that one.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, we went to marriage classes. They were great because it makes you consider how you will treat certain issues like money, kids, etc. One couple decided to not get married after two classes. And that was the whole point.....to make us think about what we were doing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes we went through marriage counseling through our preacher before getting hitched. I am Christian & my husband is not so believe it helped in allot of areas & helped us better understand each other & our differences.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 6:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011