How do you keep your kids active?

If it's nice outside, we'll go out in the backyard and run around and play. At school they go outside to play for 30 minutes a day. Inside, we'll sometimes chase each other around the house (plenty of room, LOL), or jump or spin. Tried teaching him jumping jacks, but he didn't get it. He just thought I was being silly. :p

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I play with them. If the weather is good, I take them out to the park for a 3-way Nerf gun war. Sometimes, people stare because I'm out there with my Nerf gun chasing them and hiding behind buildings and trees just like them, but so what?? They're just envious because their mom probably never did that with them.

When the weather sucks, we go over to Sky High (indoor trampoline place) and pay for an hour's use. Amazing how much energy they burn off jumping off the walls (literally!) And if I can spend a quiet hour in the parents' retreat with free wi-fi watching them on the CCTV system.... hey....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My family enjoys sports especially tennis, basketball and football. But when we are stuck indoors we play the wii, we wrestle or box. I'm a big kid myself so we have alot of fun tackling each other or playing war indoors with our nerf guns.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We go for walks, play football, and play in the snow!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We have a basketball court in the backyard, a big patio,swings, slide so they stay pretty entertained outside all year round
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 12:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• take them to the park to play
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't have to do anything really, she does it herself. But she's four and half and she does dance, tball, and she'll start soccer in the spring. And then she'll go onto Softball next season. But she's been active since she was able to move in the womb. She's crazy athletic.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son is two but we go bike riding on the trail near our home, take walks and look at the animals in nature, throw the balls, whenit is warm we go swimming, and just play tag / Mr. Freeze. He has been the only child and his cousin are alot older then him now he can keep up I let him play with them. They do cops and robbers,"It" , exploding through the back yards, and they jump on the trampoline.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My daughter plays soccer and does a program before school that is running. We also ride bikes and hike as much as possible. My little one is a year he and I do a mommie and me swim class together.
    mkula

Answer by mkula at 12:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Keep them away from the video games - get them out on a bike, kicking around a soccer ball, talking the dog on a walk ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• when its cold outside un around her play room and play tag or catch a ball when its warm out we go out and she runs around a nd plays for hrs on end and we also go to the park
    Jocelynn18

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011