• In the Spotlight:

How do I get more kissing into my life?

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I was just thinking. My husband gives goodbye kisses, but they are about as involved as the kisses he gives the kids- like a smooch by my eye or on my hair. We only REALLY kiss in bed, as a prelude to sex. How to I get him to kiss me more in everyday life (and maybe boost our sex life, too). I feel like he might shoot me down or act confused if I try to give him a big wet one out of the blue. I could talk to him, but I don't think it would really change. Ideas, ladies?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 11:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Gotta give to get. KISS HIM. Men are perpetually confused anyway so don't let that stop you.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Just go get him!!! I grab my husband anytime at all and pin him to the wall or the couch, etc. Sometimes it's just for a minute. Sometimes he won't let me go after that and it continues for a while.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You should try making the first move! Whenever I want a smooch, I go for it - but my Husband kisses me a lot because He wants to. Hell, We still make out like a couple of teenagers whenever We can! lol. Go for it and get him, girl!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• LOL I think you guys have fell into a routine. Its time to spice it up a little. Get you some big red gum and lay one on him. You dont need a reason or special time.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 1:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Okay. I'll try it tonight. I'll be drinking mint tea when he comes in. I'll give him a second and then go plant one on him and maybe squeeze his butt. : )
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Honestly..

Step and initiate what it is you are needing/wanting. Far too many women sit back and wait for their partner to initiate, and then they feel bad/have hurt feelings/feel rejected when their partner does not initiate the things they want/need from them. The only way our partners know what we want and need from them, is by letting them know.

Let him know what all you need and want in your relationship. Instigate and initiate. Don't be shy about openly and honestly sharing your needs/wants.. BOTH of you should feel comfortable enough in your relationship, and open enough with one another, to be able to honestly share any needs/wants in your relationship with one another.. And openly and honestly share when those needs/wants aren't being met. And comfortable enough with one another to freely initiate those things as well.

You never know. You've been "missing" somethings.. He most likely has as well.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'm going through the same thing with my SO lol I complained about it so he started giving me more kisses and then not long after he accused me of not kissing him the right way! lol We had a baby 6 months ago and still trying to get out libidos on the sme schedule. it's hard!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• give kisses dont wait for him. My SO would do the same until i started kissing him at random times in random places. (neck, cheek, etc)
    BrandonBearsMom

Answer by BrandonBearsMom at 5:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I suggest giving him a big wet one out of the blue! I can almost guarantee he'll respond favorably!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I kissed him after he came in from work and he smiled and said "um, excuse me?" I explained that I think we need more kissing. He didn't say much. I kissed him again later and he smiled. That's it. I am not a wait around type, just so you all know. I am usually the initiator. Just a little tired of it and feeling like it is difficult to connect. So what do you think now? Keep trying?
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011