Do you "need" a man, or could you handle being alone?

Obviously this means if you went from being married to getting divorced, etc - hypothetically.

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't feel like I "need" a man. I can do things on my own just fine. It's a little bit harder without a partner but it can be done. I agree with pixie trix..
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I was single for a few years, so I know I can handle it - but I prefer not to!

Answer by missanc at 11:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No.. I do not "need" a man.

I'm a firm believer in this: Men are a great accessory to have. One that should compliment you, work with you, and bring out the best in you..

I am with my husband, and have been with him for 25 years because I **want** to be with him. No other reason. I do not need him for financial support, physical support/protection, a place to live, security for my "golden year"..etc.. I have and can provide all of those things for myself. I have my education (my MSW), I worked for nearly 20 years in my field, I have my own savings accounts/retirement accounts/investment accounts and insurance policies.. I am more than capable of making it on my own.

I choose to be with my husband because I want to be with him. I don't think I would ever be happy living in a situation where I felt I "Needed" to be with my partner over "wanting" to be with my partner.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• no i don't. men are a side dish.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't NEED a man, but I would not like losing the great one I already have.  

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I can handle being alone, I just need to educate myself mre on how to do certain things around the home and things to do with the car.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I know that I could do it on my own if I had too, my husband works a week on and a week off out of town for his work, so Im alone 50% of the time. WIth that being said there are things that I cant do that he does for me when he is here, so I do need his help for certain things. And I definitly wouldnt want to be without him.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was alone for 7 years between my 1st husband and my 2nd. I don't need a man, don't require a man, and don't depend on a man for fulfillment in my life.

My fiancee, knows that I can do it on my own. His purpose is to make me as happy as he can. My job is to make him happy. Anything other than that is just bonus.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have been single for 6 years...so I don't NEED a man to exist, but I need a man to love me, hug me, kill a spider occassionally....LOL....I truly believe men and women need eachother, it is one thing to be independent, but we (generalizing women) should stop saying and thinking we don't need a man (or mate if you're a lesbian). So, to answer the question, yes I need a man, just haven't met the right one yet!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't NEED a man! But i would not want to loose my DH
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 4:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011