why cant i keep my 3 yr old awake?

So i have a 3 yr old son, who is normally rambunctious and loud and going EVERYWHERE, you know the kiddos that you have to constantly say "stop, sit down, dont touch that" "quit" but today, my son cant stay awake, he hasnt eatten he just tells me he wants to go to bed. we've been in and out of the car running errands all m0rning since we took my husband to work at 7:30 cashing checks and paying bills took him to mcdonalds to see if he would eat nope nothing, he started to go play and he said no he was tired. wouldnt play. went to cash another check at a different bank (insurance check for my older DS's medical expense reimbursement) and he fell asleep standing up.. i dont know what the heck is going on with him. i did call his pedi as soon as i got home and i have an appointment for him at 2, but this is scaring the CRAP out of me! just dont want to be told the worst news EVER like my son has cancer.. anyone experience this and might have an idea whats wrong with him?-- and add on to this hes not running a fever, no diarreahh, no headaches, no body aches, no runny nose.. nothing..

definedclefts

Asked by definedclefts at 11:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• Oh my, I have no answer. Glad you have an appointment. Hope he is OK. Please update if you can.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He may be entering/leaving a growth spurt, or he may be on day one of a cold or something. My son (nearly 2) is always sleepier right before he gets sick, and sometimes sleepy right before I notice he's growing really fast. He also sleeps more right after he's gotten a new tooth, or slowed back down on his growth.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 11:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• he could just be really tired...maybe he didnt sleep good last night...
    cevyn

Answer by cevyn at 12:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Maybe he has no other symptoms of becoming sick but the tiredness can certainly be a symptom, but just try to stay calm and wait until the doctor appointment
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Could be mono. My sister had it as a child, no other symptoms excepy sleepiness. I remember one night sitting at the dinner table, she fell asleep with a mouthful of spaghetti and went face first into her plate. Good Luck. let us know what the doc says.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011