Human Garbage Disposals

I hear a lot of moms talk about their picky eaters, but does anyone else have the opposite? The "Human Garbage Disposal" who will literally eat anything you bring into the house?

My two are like that. The only way I can keep them out of the stuff for my lunches is to slather it in hot sauce or mustard! Nothing is safe! Luckily, I've been on my own health kick, so they're not eating junk and they're both tall and average weight, but whenever one goes missing, I just look for a head in the fridge.

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 11:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• ME!  My kids have only 1 or 2 foods that they won't eat.  Everything else is up for grabs, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Not the kids thats my DH
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 12:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• thats my kids. they could eat a huge meal and still want more! i swear they eat me out of house and home and they are only 2 and 4! but no means are they fat either they are both average for their hieght and age. growth spurts are worse too.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My Son can be both..depends on His mood and appetite, I suppose.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son is one. He eats almost anything.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Haha, that's my toddler! She'll eat anything and it's nice because her sister is the picky eater so at least I have one child with no food issues.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, my daughters eat almost anything. Hell, they eat crap I won't eat--radishes, for example. And they eat A LOT. They always have--people are surprised to see how much they can put away. But they're very thin--I suppose their metabolisms are just super-speedy.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• my 4yr old wil eat anything except for her veggies i always say she is my human garbage disposal
    Jocelynn18

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son will eat just about anything. He loves most vegtables and eats stuff that I don't even eat. Some days he eats like I have been starving him for a week and others he eats a smaller amount. He is tall and skinny so I love the days he eats a ton.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My boys are (almost) 4 y/o and are very good eaters. The rule at dinner is "try it, you might like it"....and we have yet to come across something they won't try or makes them gag. ;o) I keep a plate of fresh raw veggies and fruits at arms reach in 'fridge for easy snacking. We go through a lot of yogurt as well. I always joke with DH that if they eat this much now....I can only imagine what our grocery bill will be like when they are teenagers!
    twinnmom222

Answer by twinnmom222 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011