Just wondering....

I'm new to being pregnant and dealing with in-laws and everything so I was just wondering if anyone else has a PSYCO mother in law that drives them crazy?? How do you deal with it...this woman is just about to make me have a nervous brakdown!!!

patientlyw8ing

Asked by patientlyw8ing at 5:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• haha dont even get me started ... lol .... we are getting married in dec but his mother good god i wanna .......... nothing nice to fill in the space lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i know my mil acts like our son is hers.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 6:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• mine acts liek im not evern there that i dont exsits and im still pregnant ...... plus many other things i could say but lord it would take up way to much space lol .. no nice words can discribe her lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Oh wow... Honey, I could write you a NOVEL about the wacko who gave birth to my husband. In short, I just avoid her as much as possible (only saw her once during my entire pregnancy--- stress is bad while prego), and try to make the best of a bad situation. No matter how crazy she is, just try not to let her make you crazy as well! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 6:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• oh wow. i can relate all too well. i wont get into the gory details but with me it only got worse after i had my baby. i hope that doesnt happen to you. good luck!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My mil Is SOOOOOO ANOYING!!! She wants to know who gave her every toy and piece of clothing!! what she had to eat every single day. she goes in my daughters room and bring out everything she has not seen before and asks where it came from.. sorry just had to unleash sense my husband gets mad when I say something to him about her obnoxious ways

can you tell she came over today?

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My mother-in-law is okay, she does not live in the same state but its his grandmother that drives me up the wall. Threw a fit at my wedding cause the wedding was not about her. Wants to have her business all up in my pregnancy. My husband wanted a boy when I first got pregnant, he mentioned that to her and she bought bags and bags full of baby boy clothes (this was when I was 6 weeks along)...Guess what, we are having a girl and what am I suppose to do with all this boy clothing.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• continued...
    She does not want my mother to watch the baby because she wants to do it...It would take me an hour and half round trip to drive the baby to her house then to my work...plus she has mini strokes and sometimes black out. Yeah, like I am leaving my precious baby with her. So now she is mad at me and keeps telling her daughter (my mother in law) that I wont return her phone call...Have not gotten a call from her in months but yet she calls me at least once a week. At least my mother in law is on my side and knows how batty the woman is. Sorry, didnt mean to use your question as a vent but boy did that feel good.
    vickwu

• These are hysterical answers... I feel just the SAME!!! We should start a chatroom about "Obnoxious Mother in Laws" .. mine puts me over the edge often, she has gotten better, but now that we have our first baby on the way-- Im thinking its all going to be down hill.. haha.. She will be up my butt constantly and Im not looking forward to it.
    Acavs

Answer by Acavs at 12:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2008