How many times a week should I work out

I'm trying to be more healthy I quit smoking Oct. 1st 2010 and now I'm trying to be healthier I'm not really concerned about weight just better health?

twiggee

Asked by twiggee at 12:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 3-5. No idea what you're into, but I started crossfit a couple months ago, and noticed immediate results.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 12:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would say at least 5 times a week.

Answer by older at 12:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would say one day workout your stomach. Next day your arms and chest,then next day legs. At least three times a week.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It is recommended that people work out for 30 - 45 minutes, at least 5 days a week. If you haven't been doing any work outs, you should start slow and build up to it. Start at 15 minutes for 5 days and add 5 minutes every week. I jumped into walking 30 to 45 minutes a day 6 days a week and tore a tendon in my foot. My doctor lectured me about working up to things.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would say at least 30 minutes a minimum of 5 times a day. I do a 45 minute workout (and sometimes another 30 minutes later in the day) 7 days a week. Personally for me is I feel if I don't workout everyday, such as if I say "I'll take Sundays OFF" that will just make me say "Well whats one more day off" No days off for me right now, because I don't want to fall back on old habits
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would say 5 days a week for 30 minutes.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 12:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If you're going from completely sedentary to active, I'd say 3-4 days a week, with a rest day in between. That way you don't injure yourself.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 3- 4 days to start off doing really lite work out to build stamina . Alternate your areas of work out and kinds of workouts to get the most out of it.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I do 45-90min a day, five days a week.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• good for you quiting smoking, that's a huge improvement on your health!

to lose wieght, you need 5-6 days a week. to maintain, 2-3 days a week. cario and wieght resistance is good regardless. Always take one day off a week to let your body recoupe and rest.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011