Need advice about my blog. Honest feedback please.

Hi Ladies I have started writing my own blog and really need some feedback. I would like to be paid to blog eventually, but I need honest feedback. My blog is at www.calidaisymom.typepad.com.

It's called Hot Flashes and Chocolate and its mainly aimed at women's lives.

Thank you.

daisydays171

Asked by daisydays171 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you want to get paid to blog, my opinion is that you will have to polish your blog some. These are the major things I think you should do to improve your blog.
    1) Proof your blog for errors and spelling mistakes before you publish it. I just read 3 of your posts, and there are numerous spelling and grammar errors.
    2) If you are going to mention a topic, cite a resource. For instance, i have no idea what "Tiger Moms" are, and the post didn't clear it up for me.
    3) If you are going to state a "fact", cite a resource. For instance you wrote, "The average age now is 38 for a woman to be having her first child." Is this in the USA, in some other country, in the world? Where did you get that stat?

After you make those changes, I would suggest adding intrigue by taking sides on issues in a way that implores the reader for response, or makes the reader beg for more from you.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 12:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Most blogging ideas and issues comes from trial and error. I like what you have to say, but remember, your blog can also contain photos and things to capture the attention of the audience. You can also experiment with different blog templates, fonts, etc. There are so many free things out there to do with your blog. Google free fonts, templates or whatever you think you might want to add. Change it up every once in a while. Have fun with it!

Although I am changing mine up a little, I have some blogs posted here at Blog about Blogs.  Feel free to browse around to see what others have added and done with their blog.

Best of luck to you!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thankyou ladies. As for the spelling errors, I am orginally from London and am sometimes forget the spelling is different for certain words. I really appreciate your honesty and will go in and check the errors.

Thankyou.
    daisydays171

Comment by daisydays171 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Try to include some humor in your blog. Most people would rather read something humorous about getting old. Honestly, if I have my own issues, the last thing I want to do is go to a blog to read about someone else's problems, unless it's funny. JMO. To me, it's just like we're reading a journal about your life.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's kind of a downer. I would not make a habit of reading it.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011