Which double strollers are best, side by side or front and back?

Expecting my second child in February, need to pick out a double stroller. My first born will be 27 months when the next little one arrives. If anyone could let me know what stroller is better, any tips or suggestions even a partciular one, would be a huge help, absolutely clueless to what I want or should get.

vsluv2shop

Asked by vsluv2shop at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Shopping

• Hi! I would have to say that the front back ones are better, they are not as wide so it is easier to go shopping, and get around.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2827351

This is the one that we have, and I like it cuz the older child can either be buckled in in the back or they can stand up. Its pretty lite and easy to use.
    mrs_maye

Answer by mrs_maye at 6:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Front back ones are better. I love the current Graco front back. It hasn't given me any problems.
    sweetmama0607

Answer by sweetmama0607 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would say front/back...I think side by side is better for children of the same age. If I have another one in the next couple of years, this is the one I'd get: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2582521&clickid=body_rv_img
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i have a graco front and back stroller. i chose it because it's easier to maneuver in narrow aisles. although i do want a smaller, side by side umbrella style one for travel. the one i have is pretty large to deal w/in airport security. but, as far as everyday use, i really like my graco quattro tour duo. check out www.consumersearch.com for reviews.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 1:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I liked my double Side by Side better, I would advise you to go to the stores and try each out before you decide.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I have four kids. The first two are 17 months apart. The second two are twins. So we've been through our fair share of double strollers. I always like the front/ back kind the best. Some things to think about... the width of doorways (getting through in side to side can take some special maneuvering and I even had to get the kids out at one place and collapse the stroller. It didn't last long in our house.) Also, there are front to back strollers now that you can actually turn the front seat (once the baby is old enough) so that the kids face each other and can play. Hope this helps. :)
    verucasalter

Answer by verucasalter at 10:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008