This bitch. Kind of a vent/question.

Well me and my ex's sister used to get along until I started to get to know her more. She likes to tell everyone how to live their lives and how she raised her kids is the better way. She thinks just because she has more kids than me that I didn't know anything, when really she was doing everything wrong in my opinion. She put her baby on their stomachs when they were newborns, didn't use wipes when she changed their diapers, left them in tub unattended, gave them soda as babies, and the list goes on and on. I work at a lawyers office and she came in because she's trying to adopt these two kids and the lawyer for the children has to assess her and her husband (who i think is an alcoholic). just last year she ran off with another man and left all of her kids including the foster kids with her husband and took their only vehicle. That's a total of 5 kids with no transportation and they live out in the middle of nowhere too. She's trying to be all nice to me now because her husband took her back and they're acting like everything is fine. Should i tell my boss all of the dirt i have on them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know if you should necessarily tell them all the dirt... but, if the safety of the children is at stake, you definitely need to make them aware of something for sure!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i think so..for the kids sake.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Wow this is deep. I think if you think that those two kids would be put in harms way while under the care of your sister than yes tell your boss. Your concern should be the kids and if they are better off somewhere else than tell him/her. These kids need stability and it doesn't sound like your ex- sister can provide that.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• These things are all your opinions, to be professional no, I wouldn't say anything.  I can understand the frustration but those are her children.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, if everything you said is true, and she really is an unfit mother she needs to not be able to bring these kids into a family where it will just cause them more turmoil. I would find it my moral responsibility to make sure that didnt happen. You can tell him you want it to be confidential if youd like.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think you should let your boss know the facts; her running off with the vehicle, etc. - and let him decide what he should or should not do about it. I wouldn't say anything about her parenting ability (or lack thereof), to me, that could be seen as a personal attack.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• if you think she could put the kids in danger than you need to tell them.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 12:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Considering she basically abandoned her family and left them with no transportation, I would say something. That's just rotten.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think you should mention to your boss that she is a relative and that due to client confidentiality rights they should not discuss the on-going case in front of you. I would be very hesitant to speak up and tell the 'dirt' as what you say as it could come across as you are trying to be vindictive and she could turn around and blame you or tell the court that you 'lied' to get back at her. You are best to leave it to your boss to hire a PI or talk to others and get the 'dirt' that way.
    Anonymous

• If you do not tell what you know, and something happens to the kids, and it comes out that you knew beforehand, you could be criminally charged. You need to tell everything you know.... Not just to cover your own ass, but for the kids sake!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011