Does watching Teen Mom....

Make you feel better about being a mom or do you sympathize?

In some situations I do feel better about being a mom. Like when they go out and party. In other cases, I do feel sorry for them. Especially when the boyfriend pu$$es out on responsibility and blames them for getting pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I sympathize with them for the most part. Being a mom is really hard no matter what age you are.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• LOTS of sympathy.  I can't help it, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Me too MrsHouston! Are you watching the new season? i feel bad for the one who has to live with her ex-boyfriend!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• well, I am a single teen mom myself and I sympathize with most of it. I am not the partying type, I never really was but I know what it's like to be alone and living with my folks until I'm done with college.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I feel sorry for them, but I dont "feel like a better mom" by putting others down or by seeing the things they do wrong, we all make mistakes, but I can see what you mean, I would never go out and party and leave my child. They seem to keep saying "im still a teenager, I should get to have fun" but I think that yes, even if they are still teens, they are the ones who had babies so they need to grow up and take are of them.
    I was 18 when i got pregnant (on purpose!) and I feel like a few of the girls on the show keep using there age as an excuse for their decisions, I honestly hate when they do that
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've watched that show like... twice, and both times it just pissed me off. I don't know names or anything, but I just remember watching one girl who put every tiny responsibility on her parents. It really drove me crazy. I was nineteen when I had my son, and I couldn't have imagined putting any responsibility on anyone else... he was my kid, not anyone else's. Eh, just my opinion.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I watch the show all the time. I think that no matter what age we can learn a lot from watching the shows. They, like many of us, had to grow up fast when they had kids. I had my first at the age of 25, but I wasn't prepared for most of what I went through! I absolutely sympathize with them because they are not financially stable to provide for their children... I know that must be one of the hardest things to deal with. But seeing them become mothers is something I can relate to every time I watch the show. I used to go out all the time and now I am home all the time... seeing the ones that party realize that they can't do it guilt-free anymore makes me sad. I went to college, partied, went clubbing, and now I feel like I've been there, done that... they still want to get it out of their system. That's part of being young and that's something they need to sacrifice.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 3:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hi msp

What do you think of Jenelle and her mom? Do you think her mom is just being a b about the custody thing?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I feel extremely bad for her.  Her mom isn't freaking interested in her daughters life or her grandchilds.  It's sad.  Then she isn't allowed to date and the ex boyfriend constantly throws it in her face that she doesn't pay for anything!  Crazy, crazy!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011