What to do with Chicken Leg Quarters...?

I was given a huge bag of chicken leg quarters, and it's takin up tons of space in my freezer right now. Any suggestions on how to cook it & what to make with it?
I'd appreciate specific instructions & recipes please. ;) I'm looking for cheap, but healthy recipes also. I need something easy that doesn't require alot of time as I am very busy during the day with 2 small children and working from home. If there is a way that I can cook it all up in one day to make several small freezer meals, that'd be great too. Thanks so much in advance. :)

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 12:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• you can bake them and then strip the meat for chicken enchilada's
    2lbs meat
    1 pckg cream cheese
    1 pkcg fajita or taco mix
    4 oz shredded cheese
    then top them with green enchilada sauce and more shredded cheese
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Bake them!
    1 grease a baking sheet
    2 spread the chicken out evenly (thawed works best)
    3 Take your favorite spices (my family likes Italian and rosemary) and sprinkle over the chicken
    4 Bake the chicken (375-400) until the internal temp is at or above 180 degrees
    5 after the chicken is done, you can put it in individual zip lock baggies and re freeze them, that why whenever you what one or two quarts you just pull those baggies out and reheat.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 12:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Put 3-4 in a crockpot. Cover with diced tomatoes, some basil, oregano, and parsley. Cook at least 6 hours and then serve over pasta.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Rub with salt and a little poultry seasoning.
    Put lemon juice over them.
    Spread tomatoe paste on top.
    Put in oven for two hours on 350 degrees.
    These are so tasty and the skin is crisp while the meat falls off the bone.

Also Coq au vin.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Set oven to 350. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Have some the first night. Cut up potatoes and carrots into chunks, spray with oil ot top with a little butter, salt & pepper. Bake along with chicken. Then the rest, freeze in ziplock bags and reheat in microwave another time. Or pull of the bone and use in tacos, put in spaghetti sauce and serve over pasta, mix with a can of cream of chicken soup, heat up and serve over rice.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011