in a new relationship and we dont see eye to eye on parenting...help

my guy seems to always see the bad in my kids and points them out to me. up until now i thought i was a great mom but when he points out the spot on the wall where the kids got marker i tend to defend them. i defend my kids wrong doings so much that it is wearing me out and i am starting to get the feeling that maybe im not the great mom i thought i was. any thoughts?

rms7

Asked by rms7 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont think is mean, I do not know him though., but it sounds to me, you might be letting your kids get away with alot of things.I dont understand why moms do that ALL the time, here and there is ok but when your kid does something bad and they know mom wont care, that is what I dont like. Kids need to be taught right from wrong, if you are letting them do what ever they want ,then you are making and teaching them wrong .Try to teach them to be good peope.Lieing is bad, tearing stuff up isnt appreciating things, being mean isnt nice it hurts people, ect ect..
    I am sure your a good mom , I think you may have trouble saying no and putting your foot down.
    You should talk to your boyfriend , and talk about this one on one.He should help you. But he cant come in their lives and be mean he needs to help in a loving way. You should know if he is being mean do not let him be hateful. You can tell if someone loves kids or is ashow
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You're a great mom. He's not a great candidate for dad.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• YOU are the mom.  If you aren't seeing eye to eye now, what's it going to be like in the future?  Why does he feel the need to point out every little thing your doing "wrong"?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He's a dick is what he is. He's the type of "man" that because they're not "his" kids they're not as good. I say can his sorry ass. Your kids shouldn't have to deal with a total douchebag like him. And yes you're a great mom he's a total worthless piece of shit and NOT dad matier
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree. you're a great mommy. and I wouldn't matter, when he starts picking out stuffabout your kids, i would start picking out his flaws!!!!!!!!!!! i'm guessing he doesn't have his own children,because if he did he would rsepect you. and you said new relationship, so with that said, i wouldn't put up w/ that crap. When anyone tells me how to parent mychildren, i tell them i did not make a baby with them!!!!!!!! it bugs the SH*T outta me!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think he is an ass for pointing out all this stuff. Does he have his own children? Does he know anything about parenting? I would tell him to shut the fuck up & let me raise my own kids & if he doesn't like my kids, or how i raise my kids.....then he can piss off.

Maybe pointing out faults in you, makes him feel better about himself which is really sad.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You're the mom. You're their parent. If he hasn't been helping to raise them since day one, I really don't think he gets a say. If he'd done as much child-rearing as you have, I can guarantee he wouldn't have perfect kids either. Until he has kids of his own to raise, I really don't think he should have an opinion. Go ahead and tell him that. He doesn't sound like that nice of guy if he has to point out flaws in your mothering. I'm not judging your choice of man... but hey, no one's perfect right?
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• and this post is EXACTLY why my mother always embraced stepmothers who were nice to me and treated me as their own. He is a man, those are your babies, tell him if he doesnt shape up and treat your kids with more respect then your leaving because your kids mean more to you than some jerk off. You can never replace your babies, but you can ALWAYS replace a jacka**
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 1:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Does he have children? It doesn't sound like it.
    Elise1968

Answer by Elise1968 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

I couldn't have said this better myself. Please keep him away from your kids!!!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011