c-section or Natural ? what can be better for a teen ?

taty1219

Asked by taty1219 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Natural is always better. I still have problems with my C-section and it's been almost 3 years.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• natural is always best. if you have a csection most often you will be recommended for csections in the future.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Natural.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's not wwhat's better for a teen, it's what is her body is capable of!I was a teen mother and have normal,vaginal delivery to a healthy babygirl. I know plenty of teen mothers who also had vaginal births.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would say it depends on the teens age and size. If you're talking 15and up..natural is probably safer than surgery. If you're talking 13 and younger..if they are very small huge issues can arise. The best person to make that call is their Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Unless there is some specific reason why a person prefers c-section, a person should always try for natural if they can teen or not. Recovery is better, and if they decide to have more kids in the future, its hard to find a dr. that will allow vbac.
    Anonymous

• by natural im assuming you mean vaginal? natural is without interventions.. meaning no epidural. for anyone, vaginal is always best if both mom and baby are healthy. cesareans involve more risks as it is a major abdominal surgery, it should only be used as a last resort in emergency situations.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Natural/vaginal. C-sections are always major surgery which is $$$$$$. Avoid surgery if you can and if not the c-section is always a plan B. Your doctor/midwife should advise on this one. It's not supposed to be what's better for a teen, supposed to do what is best for the baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• thankyou all . i asked this question but some how i cant get back on my other account. im 14 and im very scared but i can do it
    xxtatyxx

Answer by xxtatyxx at 1:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would say it depends on a bunch of things, health, size, pregnancy, ETC.

Always try natural first though, as it's what is meant to happen when you are having a baby, and if it doesn't go right then you may discuss having a c-section.

I had a c-section with my first daughter and having another c-section with this baby, and it is a major surgery and a long healing process, some people have problems for years, and some people don't. It just all depends on your body, health, doctors, ETC.

(:
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011