When you go on vacation do you eat out or brown bag it?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Travel

• We went on 2 1 week vacations this past summer. We brought food for breakfasts and lunches and went out to eat for dinner each evening. I made a ton of pancakes and froze them in ziplocs and brought whole wheat bagels. For lunches, I prepared some casseroles and put them in one serving containers and also brought bread and cold cuts. Not only is eating out expensive for 3 meals a day, but you really don't know what exactly you're eating. If you have a fridge or full kitchen on vacation, I say take advantage of it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Both
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We usually stay in a condo so we have a kitchen.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• When we travel we usually stay with family or friends who feed us very well. When we went to disney world we did brown bag lunches.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We camp in a Travel Trailer... so I cook, we grill, and at least once we eat out. But I basically take what in my fridge and move it to the camper.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• When we go on vacations we always go out to eat, but if we are staying in a hotel with a fridge, stove, etc then we will also go shopping and cook meals at the resort as well (:
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• When we go on vacation....I get a break, so we usually eat out. If there's a fridge in the hotel room, we do keep milk and cereal for breakfast, and I always take some fruit and snacks....but the main meals we generally eat out.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• usualy a mixture of both.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• both
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• depends on the length and kinda of vacation we go on....camping we take food and cook.....theme parks and hotel stays we eat out for dinner but usualy eat breakfast in the hotel and pinic for lunch.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011